The Property Section is a representative membership association of the Law Society. Established in 2002, the Section assists residential and commercial property solicitors and licensed conveyancers by providing best practice information and support on areas including conveyancing, e-conveyancing, housing, land registration, money laundering, planning and environment, as well as tax and revenue.
An executive committee is responsible for developing the future strategy of the Section and enhancing services already offered to members. The committee members are: Christopher Bean; Roger Buston; Denis Cameron; Simon David; Maria Elliot; Michael Garson; Nick Gurney-Champion; Myfanwy McDonagh; Peter Rodd (Chair); and Ian White.
The Property Section offers a comprehensive range of services and benefits, including:
Property in Practice quarterly magazine with up to eight hours' free CPD per year;
- regular Property e-newsletter with news, legislation and case law updates broken down by practice area, and commentary by Peter Reekie;
- reduced prices for attendance at national CPD-accredited events, including the flagship annual conference;
- free CPD-accredited seminars and webinars. Webinars for 2013 include (others to be confirmed):
- Emerging issues in residential property law, 28 February 2013;
- networking opportunities;
- exclusive member access to Section website featuring member polls, discussion forum, searchable back issues of magazines and e-newsletters;
- the support of the Section executive committee, including through media and public relations campaigns;
ties with key committees and groups; and
- 20% off related Law Society Publishing titles.
How to join
Membership is open to practising property solicitors and licensed conveyancers.
These fees start from 1 January 2013, and are also available from the online shop.